Saturday, August 02, 2008

My Belly Cast



I finally got a chance to paint my belly cast. Travis and I did this about 2 weeks before Aiden was born. He is now 8 months 2 weeks. How time flys!

I knew I wanted a belly cast but did not want to go someplace to have strangers plastering my naked, pregnant body. So, I opted for ordering a kit online and having Travis do the plastering. It was messy, cold (November) but lots of fun. Travis and I laughed and got a kick out of seeing the amount plaster needed.

I loved being pregnant! I felt great the whole time (minus the back pain and Aiden's little butt pushing on my ribs). This beautiful peace of art is a representation of that special time in our lives. And, yes, that's Travis' hand print. Cute huh!

My mom asked me if I would do a belly cast again. I don't think so. But I do want something to show each child how special they are. I think next time I will have henna art done all over my belly and have a very artistic picture taken. Or whatever is trendy at the time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment